CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: FTP Client/Server usability?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 pm 

adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there could answer some questions I have about FTP? I want to use filezilla or smartftp. Can these be used to upload websites ? What is the MAIN purpose of these softwares? Any insight or knowledge would be very helpful to me.

FTP software is for uploading your files to your server/hosting. There are some software that allow you to create websites as well as FTP (upload) them to your hosting server, but software like filezilla or smartftp can only upload your files.

These software come in handy when you've got, say, a theme or plugin that you want to use for your site. Or, if you want to download a folder or complete site from your webhosting to your computer.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask if you've got more doubts.

Last edited by jeanlewis on Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:54 pm 

jeanlewis Wrote:
adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there could answer some questions I have about FTP? I want to use filezilla or smartftp. Can these be used to upload websites? What is the MAIN purpose of these softwares? Any insight or knowledge would be very helpful to me.

FTP software is for uploading your files to your server/hosting. There are some software that allow you to create websites as well as FTP (upload) them to your hosting server, but software like filezilla or smartftp can only upload your files.

These software come in handy when you've got, say, a theme or plugin that you want to use for your site. Or, if you want to download a folder or complete site from your webhosting to your computer.

There are other popular softwares for uploading websites too. Here's a list:

Core FTP LE.
FireFTP.
CoffeeCup Free FTP.
WinSCP.

But, FileZilla is by far the best and most popular.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:35 pm 

@Administration please delete thread off topic.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:23 pm 

jeanlewis Wrote:
adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there could answer some questions I have about FTP? I want to use filezilla or smartftp. Can these be used to upload websites? What is the MAIN purpose of these softwares? Any insight or knowledge would be very helpful to me.

I would just like to get the FULLEST benefit I can from one of these programs. I heard you could use them for multiple uses like building your own site and uploading the files. Is this true? And what other uses? THANKS!!!

Hi These software come in handy when you've got, say,
a theme or plugin that you want to use for your site. Or,
if you want to download a folder or complete site from your webhosting to your computer. :)

Last edited by Danaity on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 am 

glennl Wrote:
jeanlewis Wrote:
adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

FTP software is for uploading your files to your server/hosting. There are some software that allow you to the create websites as well as FTP (upload) them to your hosting server, but software like filezilla or smartftp can only upload your files.

There are other popular softwares for uploading websites too. Here's a list:

Core FTP LE.
FireFTP.
CoffeeCup Free FTP.
WinSCP.

But, FileZilla is by far the best and most popular.

I've been using Cute FTP Pro since the beginning and can't live without it. But FileZilla is also good and free as well.

Last edited by JeffreyWilliam on Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:45 am 

jeanlewis Wrote:
adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

I would just like to get the FULLEST benefit I can from one of these programs. I heard you could use them for multiple uses like building your own site and uploading the files. Is this true? And what other uses? THANKS!!!

Good, thanks you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:26 pm 

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone out there could answer some questions. I want to use filezilla or smartftp. Can these be used to upload websites? What is the MAIN purpose of these softwares? Any insight or knowledge would be very helpful to me.

i Think about FTP like using Windows Explorer or a Finder on a laptop. With the help of such tools, the owner can get and move files – text, image or audio to a specific place in their drive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:39 am 

jeanlewis Wrote:
adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:47 pm 

Filezilla is the best. solution to many FTP problems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:44 am 

Auto FTP Manager is a powerful, flexible tool that can be used to automate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:56 am 

jeanlewis Wrote:
adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

I would just like to get the FULLEST benefit. I heard you could use them for multiple uses like building your own site and uploading the files, and for other uses too. Is this true? And what other uses? THANKS!!!

FTP programming is for transferring your documents to your server/facilitating. There are some product that permit you to make sites just as FTP (transfer) them to your facilitating server, yet programming like filezilla or smartftp can just transfer your documents.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:44 pm 

adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, programs are needed to upload files to the server

Last edited by John Klein on Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:38 pm 

jeanlewis Wrote:
adrienne224 Wrote:
Hello,

I would just like to get the FULLEST benefit I can from one of programs. I heard you could use them for multiple uses like building your own site and uploading the files, and for other uses too. Is this true? And what other uses? THANKS!!!

FTP software is for uploading your files to your server/hosting. There are some software that allow you to create websites as well as FTP (upload) them to your hosting server, but software like filezilla or smartftp can only upload your files. To work safely, you can use programs that are also able to track my phone.

Please advise a handy program to create websites.