CodeLobster IDE

Free cross-platform PHP IDE (HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Python code editor) with support Drupal, Joomla, Twig, JQuery, BackboneJS, LaravelJS, Node.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Laravel, Magento, MeteorJS, Phalcon, Symfony, VueJS, WordPress, Yii
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: PhP tags mising, and and a bug in here XD
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:04 pm 

XD Hy there I am making a transition from Vb studio ASP.net to PHP, and i was on the search for a good editor like VB is but your editor is the closest i can find on the net, congratulation.

BUT i already noticed some bugs that you have in your editor, some are bugs some are som features that aren't fully supported for php syntax

no1: BUG your special character menu sometimes gets stuck and I cant remove him i have to restart the program.

no2: MISSING syntax auto fill

when i open the php tag like
<?php and start to type the <?php tag does not show up in the assist menu and when i want to close the PHP tag it dosent even auto close like it should,,,, say like when i want to close a html tag like </ he should auto close the last tag that is open,,,, would help ALOOOOOT

Ok now it only suggests to close it, but currently it douse not even recognize the ?> tag as closing point for PHP tag, nor dous it sugest it like for html tangs.

I hope i was of some help, il keep an eye open for more bugs.

AND one more thing GREAT JOB WITH THE EDITOR!!!!!

Edit:

The implementation of autotag completion would be fairly easy to accomplish.

The bast i saw in all editors is when you type <? that it automatically ads ?> after the texts pointer, and your indicator that shows which tags are connected like when you have your pointer in <header> text it turns its ending tag </header> to bold, that would also be very useful.

Edit:

Ok just found out that array is not handled at all when you work with it, it would be useful when you work with it that when you spell its name that the [] tags add automatically or be suggested, your choice. Fairly easy to add to the editor.

And another suggestion:
When you define the elements in array it would be nice if the editor handles them and shows it when you type the elements form an enumbered array

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Hi.

1) Thanks for bug report about special character menu. We will try to catch it.

2) Our parser doesn't have much functionality now with <?php and ?> tags.
We know about it. We will fix all issues with it a little later.

3) Autoclosing tags: could you, please, say as any other editor that has already had such behaviour?
We think that we will be able to add this feature optional.

4) Thanks for your suggestion about arrays. It will be useful indeed.

Regards.
Codelobster Team.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: PhP tags mising, and and a big in here XD
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm 

XD sure i can tell you which editor supports this feature it is Texstmate that easily auto closes the tag.

like when you type <?php and a space after it it automatically generates after the text pointer closing tags ?>

it would be very useful if that would be possible ti optionally turn on this feature i find my self to save alot of time using this feature in some cases just like in your editor when tou type shift + { you get

{

}

that is indeed very very useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, sangoku.

We can't catch the bug with special character menu.
What OS do you have?
How often does it occure?

Thanks.
Codelobster Team.